Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I Lied

You know in my last post where I said it was getting better? Well I lied. Big time. :-)

I lost another day to sickness last week, but most of the time I was just busy. Now that the nicer weather's arrived, this will happen more often I'm sure. Which is why, theoretically, I'm supposed to get all my writing done during the week. Which, of course, didn't happen last week.

And I'm off coffee at least temporarily. Normally when I hit the afternoon slump during the week I'd have a half a pot of coffee to boost my creativity. I don't know if that's really what was happening or it was just a psychosomatic thing, but it worked for me. And now I'm finding that after lunch when my energy takes a nose dive, it takes my creativity with it.

So. I need to find a new way of boosting my creativity/energy in the afternoons. Any suggestions? And please do not insult my intelligence by telling me I just need to get some more exercise. Been there, done that. If I exercise in the afternoon then that just leads to napping. Seriously! I get more tired than doing nothing at all.

My Thursday lunch date and I - okay, so last week it was Wednesday, but normally it's Thursday - did the "take our notebooks to lunch" thing again, and this time I got a little more done than last time. So it's progress, anyway. I'm working on a kind of Halloween themed, scary story, and I think I need to print it out again before I can continue. It's getting kind of hard to see the typing under all the hand written notes. :-)

I did not get a new installment for Earth written last week, so I foolishly promised to get two done this week. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but then I thought I'd get some writing in over the weekend. I didn't, and it's time to pay the piper. So the first installment went up today, and the second one will be up on its normal day.

WORDAGE REPORT

BLOG POSTS (not counting this one)
The actual total isn't a lot less than last week, but I did fewer of them and the total word count wouldn't be as high if I hadn't been so verbose in Monday's Post

Total: 2666 words

EDITING
Time spent editing last week was zero. :-)

NEW IDEAS
I have no new ideas to report.

POETRY
I did warn you. Poetry is fine when it comes spontaneously, but I'm not going to try and force it.

words = 0

NEW WORDS

An Elemental Earth -947
Lucky Dog - 0
Forever and For Always - 0

Total New Words - 947

No comments: